Air traffic control integrated communication solution
A communications network for Air Traffic Control organsations provides secure, reliable operations and services to the public.
Due to their operational objectives and inherent needs of security and reliability, Air Traffic Control (ATC) organizations have very specific communication needs. Along with specific systems for radar and air traffic operations, ground operations require a consistent voice communication infrastructure.
Tab Solutie ATC - en
According to safety requirements, the communication network must “always” be available and interruptions are “not” acceptable.
The ATC communication system uses IP and MPLS to operate the transportation of all ATC voice and data traffic. It creates an organised network of redundant communication lines and redundant network nodes, which converge automatically in order to ensure continuous communication services for all terminals and services, even in cases of multiple simultaneous operational failures.
In addition, the system is easy to extend and upgrade without affecting the operational traffic.
It allows for the use of affordable IP communications services leased from telecom service providers and, most importantly, is fully compliant with the security and availability requirements of ATC organisations, proven by 10 years of successful operations.
Proposed target groups for the solution:
- Air Traffic Control organizations;
- Transport-monitoring data networks.
BENEFITS FOR THE ATC ORGANIZATION
- The system complies with the reliability and safety conditions of the ATC sector;
- It allows for the use of affordable IP communication services leased from telecom service providers;
- It is easy to modified, extend and upgrade, without affecting operational traffic;
- By using a uniform design centred on IP MPLS traffic and routing protocols, it simplifies and reduces the cost of the maintenance operations;
- Using state of the art IP routing and switching equipment, it positively affects total cost of ownership;
- It doesn’t require any modifications to the existing, legacy voice and data equipment;
- The service allows for the rapid adoption of new equipment using IPv6 communications.
BENEFITS FOR THE PUBLIC
- Increase in the safety and service continuity levels for air traffic control;
- Decrease in the costs for equipment, leased data transport services and operations.
AVAILABLE ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
Legacy Systems Interfaces Layer - The option to build an interfacing layer between the IP, fast convergent infrastructure and legacy voice and data services interfaces, without affecting the resiliency of the endtoend services.
Advanced Security Architecture - The option to partition the network into separate layers, completely separated or able to communicate in a controlled manner, all running on a common physical infrastructure.
- High availability and rapid recovery of the voice and data transport system;
- In case of any failure or scheduled technical intervention the total time of interruption of communication to a node does not exceed 2 seconds;
- Protocols for radar and voice transport services;
- The application of multicast transport capabilities for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic;
- The provision of scalability advantages for an IP network;
- The application of advanced faultmonitoring tools from infrastructure to implementation level;
- The application of 2, 3 or more simultaneous or alternative communications paths for highly resilient (5 nines) architecture.
The solution provided has been designed with a modular architecture and multiple levels of resilience and security, using the following products:
- ASR1000 for the core layer, completely redundant, high performance platform;
- Cisco ASA: firewall and IDS/IPS equipment for the protection of the core network;
- Cisco ISR 3900/4000 multiservice platform and Cisco Catalyst Switches (layer 3 and layer 2) for the access layer;
- Network management solution composed by one application developed by Datanet Systems combined with Cisco;
- Cisco Unified CallManager and CiscoIP phones for voice communications;
- Zoom International call recording platform.